1. Place the end of an empty barbell into the corner of a room.
2. Rest a heavy dumbbell or some weight plates on it to hold it down.
3. Load the opposite end of the bar with plates and straddle it.
4. Bend over at the hips until your torso is about a 45-degree angle to the floor with arms extended.
5. Hook a V-grip handle (the kind you see at a cable station) under the bar and hold with both hands.
6. Keeping your lower back in its natural arch, squeeze your shoulder blades together and pull the bar until the plates touch your chest