1. The one arm standing dumbbell curl is a good way to correct any strength and size imbalances in the biceps as it works each muscle individually. Set up for the exercise by grasping a set of dumbbells and standing straight up with the dumbbells by your side.
2. Your palms should be facing up, and the dumbbells not touching your body.
3. Before starting the set, take up the slack by lifting up the weight slightly so the tension is in your biceps.
4. Starting with your weakest arm (usually the left), curl the dumbbell up as far as possible.
5. Squeeze the bicep at the top of the exercise, and then slowly lower the weight down without it touching your body or taking the tension off your bicep.
6. Repeat for desired reps, and then repeat on your other arm.