1. Sit in the seated hip abduction machine with your legs inside of the pads.
2. Pull the side lever to allow your legs to come together.
3. Release the side lever to lock your legs into position.
4. Lie back and grasp the handles at your sides.
5. Exhale as you push against the pads with your knees until your hips are fully abducted.
6. Hold for a count of two.
7. Inhale as you reverse the movement and return your legs to the starting position.
8. Repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions.