1. Position the bar just below shoulder level and adjust the safety stops right above knee height.
2. Grasp the handles of the safety bar and step underneath.
3. Position the bar at the base of your traps and look straight ahead.
4. Unrack the bar, take 2-3 steps back and position your feet at shoulder width.
5. Take a deep breath and keep your elbows in line with your torso.
6. Descend by simultaneously pushing the hips back and bending the knees.
7. Once your thighs reach parallel with the floor, begin to reverse the movement.
8. Keep your abs braced and drive your feet through the floor.
9. Finish the lift by exhaling as you fully extend the hips and knees.