1. Start by lying flat on your stomach.
2. Adjust the roller pad so that it rests comfortably a few inches under your calves, just above the heels. Check to make sure the pads aren’t too high up on your calves as this can place pressure on your Achilles tendon and reduce your range of motion.
3. Stretch your legs out fully. On an inhale, lightly grasp the support handles on each side of the machine.
4. Lift your feet smoothly as you exhale, keeping your hips firmly on the bench.
5. Inhale as you flex your knees and pull your ankles as close to your buttocks as you can.
6. Hold this position for a beat, allowing yourself to make sure you are focused as you prepare to lower your legs.
7. Inhale fully as you return your feet to starting position in a smooth, slow, controlled movement.
8. Repeat for 8 to 12 reps.