1. Start in a seated position on the ground with your knees at 90 degrees. Plant the soles of your feet flat on the floor at a comfortable width. Extend your left arm behind your body, with your left palm on the ground. Put your right hand on your right knee.
2. Flex your right foot so that your right toe is pointing upward. This helps to protect your knee during the hip internal rotation.
3. Keeping your hand on your right knee, turn your right inner thigh toward the ground. Your right thigh and your right calf should make a right angle as you lower your thigh. You should feel a stretch in the outer and frontal parts of your hip.
4. Return your right leg to the original position, and then repeat the action.
5. Complete 20 or 30 reps, and then switch to the left side.