1. Stand in the frame with your arms resting on the arms of the chair. Grab on to the handles of the chair, if it has them.
2. Check that your arm position is firm (you need to be able to lift your bodyweight from the floor).
3. Inhale as you engage your abdominal muscles to prepare for the leg lift.
4. Bend your knees and raise them upward until your quads are parallel to the ground.
5. With an engaged core, exhale as you lower your legs in a controlled movement until you’re back in the starting position.
6. Aim for 8 to 10 raises before resting (one set). Work up to 3 sets of 10 raises.