1. Start by standing behind the bar with your feet hip-width apart and rotated out slightly.
2. Dip your hips back until you’re almost in a full squat position, and grip the bar using the placement steps outlined above. If you’re using small plates or no plates, you can balance the bar on blocks so that you’re able to retain proper form when grabbing the bar.
3. Slowly rise out of the squat position while holding the bar. Keep your back straight and your arms extended throughout the move. Squeeze your butt muscles as you reach the top.
4. Slowly lower the bar back down to the starting position. This is 1 rep.
5. Do 8 to 12 reps for a set. Do 2 sets.