1. Begin by standing with your feet about hip-distance apart, with your arms at your side.
2. Slowly bring your right heel to your buttocks by contracting your hamstring muscle.
3. Place the ball of your right foot back on the ground, and slowly bring your left heel to your buttocks.
4. Perform this motion a few more times — alternating heels and gradually building speed.
5. When you’re ready, continue alternating your right and left heels, picking up your pace until it feels like you’re jogging in place.
6. To work your upper body at the same time, pump your arms while performing this motion. If your left heel is kicking your buttocks, pump your right arm forward at a 90-degree angle. If your right heel is kicking, pump your left arm forward.
7. Continue the drill for at least 30 seconds, focusing on quick leg turnover.
8. You can increase the duration as you build your fitness.